taking our mind of things

taking our mind of things

Saturday, November 10, 2018

AFM takes on DC

When things begin to fall into place, you feel like this was a meant to be moment.

That happened this week to me!

I'm a member of a group of families fighting for more awareness of Acute Flaccid Myelitis. It's an amazing group of people looking to support each other, help get answers and reach for ways to make this more known for more answers.

Well the group hit it big this year. News sources across the country finally took notice. Many of us had the chance to get our voices heard, and heard it was. So much so that a group of parents are heading to Washington, DC to speak to Congressmen, Senators, the CDC and so much more.

I was in awe at all that was happening. The speed it was happening, and excited to see the outcome!

Then that fall into place thing I started with....

Another mom reached out to me and found ME plane tickets to get down to DC to be a part of this group. Knowing I work to be a voice so long. We've been friends dealing with this since the beginning. So it started with the plane. Then the group were able to get a house together so no one needs to finance accomodations for the time down there. Kids were cared for at home.

Super excited!!

Next day the group got notice we will be able to meet with the CDC, then my own represenative responded with times he could meet with me. Followed by planning to meet with my state Senator, who happens to the Senate Minority Leader. (That one is still in the works, but it's in the works!)

Then last night as we were all on video chat, the e-mail came in with times to meet with NIH. With times for potential meetings at the White House!

I'm telling you, things are falling into place and it was just meant to be our year.

So folks... I fly out this coming Wednesday, November 14th. Know what makes that day even more special and why I feel this is meant to be... November 14th will be EXACTLY 4 years since JD was officially diagnosed as AFM!!


No comments:

Post a Comment