taking our mind of things

taking our mind of things

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Hate colds

*cough* *gurgle.. gurgle*

That's the sound around here. That is JD trying to clear his throat battling this cold!

After last night, felt it important to update. He's still battling. His cold is still there. Tylenol and Motrin is keeping it hovering around 100. But once it starts to wear off, like it did this morning, it returns to just under 104. Happened again this afternoon when he took his nap. When he's sleeping, I try to let him rest. For when he's resting his body is fighting hard at whatever is attacking him.

As much as I hated that g-tube. It was overwhelmingly helpful when he wasn't feeling well. He could sleep through me feeding or giving him meds. It was my handy helper. So I'd maintain his every 4 hour routine. But now that he has to do everything orally, I'm not so able to do that.

We're learning how to do this the "normal" way.

Funny to say it like that! What was our normal was him not realizing or tasting. He has decided he HATES the taste of the meds. Something new for him. He spent 4 years able to avoid tasting medicine. Now he knows what other children feel when they are sick. He's not too certain he likes that. To me, that is funny.

He actually said, "I feel bad other kids have always had to taste this stuff."

That's my boy! Not worried about all he went through, thinking that other poor kids having to taste that horrible tasting Tylenol.

So for tonight, we'll keep up on the meds. We have multiple appointments next week, so the boy can't miss any other days of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment