taking our mind of things

taking our mind of things

Monday, October 22, 2018

Recrudescence

RECRUDESCENCE

Such a odd looking word. One I didn't know before. I've heard it one other time in my life... 2 years ago!

What's it mean...

Thank you internet for giving me the definition so I don't have to type .....

" In medicine, it is usually defined as the recurrence of symptoms after a period of remission or quiescence,[1][2][3] in which sense it can sometimes be synonymous with relapse. In a narrower sense it can also be such a recurrence with higher severity than before the remission."

Yes folks. That's right. A disease that they are proudly tell people only happens once. My son has had one other time in 2016, and is now being monitored again.

When he got sick again in 2016 they swore it was a fluke. Now here we are, another 2 years out and we are on hyper monitor mode. And honestly, not by me. As panicky and worried as I get, it wasn't me that put that fear in it all this time.

I've been monitoring him all weekend. The fever remained, he showed weakness, and today he said things "felt off." So a call in was in order. Called at 9 and was told that the first appointment was 4:15pm. I accepted that, but in my head knew if he showed progressive symptoms I wouldn't wait. But he laid on the couch with me the rest of the day.

B asked how long I thought the appointment would go, I said it would be quick as I left the house at 3:30. I didn't get home till 7! Not as quick as I expected. But the doctor decided we needed to do a longer monitor session in the office, as we were fighting the ever ending question....

to hospital or not to hospital

Why is that our question?

Thankfully, we were released home with strict orders that any continuation of symptoms past tomorrow or even the slightest worsening means we are off to the ER and here we go again.

What I know as of now...

He has an: acute upper respiratory infection (oh...that again..)
                  Sinus infection (oh, that again too.. cool.....)
                  Ear infection

ok...we can stop repeating now... get the point

The above word was mentioned..and only a couple kids had that word used once.. it would be my super hero to hear it x3!

So what are we doing now. Well, mommy is going to be sleeping by his bed all night. He has nebulizer to help clear things and an antibiotic to hopefully  kill whatever else is there. (Other than a virus, obviously!) And keep on the Tylenol and Motrin.

I just wish he felt better..

and let me just say... I hate learning new medical terms! At one point I said I would go into the medical field, decided against that. But it seems, the medical field has come to me!

Now, off to take his temp again, give him his next dose of meds and listen to him whimper and cry and in his sleep.....



No comments:

Post a Comment